Patient Overseas Financial Aid Programme
Administered on behalf of the Bermuda Government, Ministry of Health and Family Services, the programme assists patients in financial need who must be sent overseas for medical and surgical treatments not available in Bermuda. The programme recognizes that certain patients have little or no insurance and limited ability to pay. Our trained staff will work with the patient in order to find the right solution.
- Referral from the patient’s local specialist
- Patient and/or family interviews to establish financial status
- Application completed by patient or family member
- Two additional guarantors to sign the agreement to repay the loan
- Receipt of advance payment from patient or guarantors towards projected medical costs
- Approval from the LCCA Medical Committee
- Approval from the Ministry of Health and Seniors Medical Committee
Our funding for this programme comes from:
- A Government Grant
- An interest-free Repayment Plan
- Insurance claims made on behalf of the patient
The patient is expected to pay all ordinary air fares and other expenses to and from the hospital abroad. When out patient treatment is provided, the cost of accommodations abroad, along with living expenses for the patient will be the direct responsibility for the patient.